Best 5 Dog Food for Your German Shepherd
One of the best things about owning a German Shepherd is that they love to eat. Which means that finding the best food for them is a breeze. But with so many options on the market, it can be hard to determine which one is right for your pup. So we’ve done the hard work for you and compiled a list of the five best dog foods for your German Shepherd.
German Shepherd – An Intro of the Breed
German shepherds are one of the most intelligent breeds of dogs. They are versatile and can be used as police, military, or guard dogs. This breed is also known to have a strong sense of loyalty and emotional attachment to their owners.
German shepherds were originally bred in Germany to herd sheep and cattle. They were also used by the German army in order to help with war efforts such as scouting, sending messages, carrying equipment, and providing protection.
Best Dog food for German Shepherd
If you are looking for the best dog food for German Shepherd then you are at the exactly correct place. Here we have listed some of the best dog food for German Shepherd.
1. Taste of the Wild Sierra Mountain
Wild canids are an apex predator and never eat grains. Taste of the Wild Sierra Canine Formula is made without any grains, so it’s a natural food for your dog. Taste of the Wild is designed to provide high-quality ingredients, like lamb, which can be easily digested by your dog. Give your dog the best with Taste of the Wild Sierra Canine Formula.
- The line of Taste of the Wild dog food is made with a unique and specially-blended formula that includes probiotics, antioxidants and vitamins.
- Formulated with high-quality ingredients, the taste is scrumptious.
- More than just food, this product is an opportunity for families to connect with their pets in a healthy way.
- Taste of the Wild is made from real beef, venison, lamb or bison – not rendered, anonymous sources.
- With a taste your dog will love and that you’ll feel good about giving them, it’s no wonder they’re a pet owner’s favorite.
- Contains nothing but 100% natural ingredients that your pup needs to thrive.
- Taste of the wild kibble is designed to be for dogs who need a lower calorie diet.
- The kibble size is small and designed for dogs with a fast metabolism, which can encourage gulping and poor dental hygiene.
- The ingredients are natural and healthy, but some owners question the nutritional value of these ingredients since they don’t provide as many calories.
2. Wellness Complete Health Whitefish & Sweet Potato
You deserve to give your dog the best possible food and you deserve to know what that food is made of. That’s why we created Wellness Complete Health with natural and wholesome ingredients—no artificial additives whatsoever. Our limited ingredient formula does not contain any wheat, corn, soy, or potatoes. With Wellness Complete Health, you can enjoy a guilt-free pet food that contains only the freshest, purest ingredients for your best.
- Fortified with vitamins and minerals to ensure a balanced diet and help avoid nutritional deficiencies.
- Contains no wheat, corn, soy, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives which may trigger food allergies.
- Made without meat byproducts or unidentified meat ingredients so you can feed your family with confidence.
- Made from all-natural ingredients
- Digestible and safe for your dog
- Now available in 7 different varieties
- Fortified with additional nutrients
- Although Wellness Complete claims to be fortified with probiotics, none appear on the ingredient list, which is somewhat disappointing.
- Despite this, given the product’s reasonable price and premium ingredients, it still represents a good value for money.
3. Natural Balance L.I.D. Lamb & Brown Rice Formula
If you’re looking for a diet that will help ease your dog’s itchy skin, and that’s packed with nutrition, then Natural Balance may be the solution for you. Our L.I.D provides the perfect balance of protein and carbs to keep your pup healthy and happy. Plus, it’s easy on their digestive system so they’ll have more energy to play with you!
- Made without any artificial ingredients that might upset your dog’s stomach.
- Fortified with Omega-3 and 6 fatty acids, canola oil is a great source of these nutrients
- Perfect for any stages in your dog’s life, from puppyhood to senior dogs
- Great for dogs with food sensitivities, Natural Balance is made with protein that is free of corn, wheat, and soy.
- 88% of the reviews are 5-star ratings. You can trust this to be a quality dog food.
- It’s also a great choice because it’s rated as 4- or 5-star by 88% of reviewers!
- It does not include any probiotic in its ingredients.
4. Purina Pro Plan Focus Sensitive Skin & Stomach
Purina Pro Plan Focus Sensitive Skin and Stomach is a salmon and rice-based food designed for dogs that are suffering from food allergies or sensitive stomachs. Salmon and rice are typically easy for dogs to digest, and most dogs find them to be tasty. This variety is perfect for small breeds or senior dogs, as it has a lower fat content than other Purina Pro Plan formulas.
- This is the dog food for the modern, active family.
- Fortified with glucosamine-rich ingredients that can help protect your shepherd’s joints as she ages.
- Contains few common allergens, such as corn, wheat or soy.
- Fortified with vitamins and minerals to help ensure your dog receives a balanced and complete diet.
- Purina Sensitive Skin and Stomach is the perfect food for your sensitive pup.
- Made with high-quality ingredients to ensure a healthy, happy pet.
- Added glucosamine and vitamins to promote joint health and improve digestion.
- With this affordable, high quality recipe, you don’t have to sacrifice your dog’s health just because you want to keep costs down!
- Does not contain probiotics.
- It has a fishy odor
5. CANIDAE Grain Free PURE Dry Dog Food
Your dog will eat CANIDAE PURE with a “wolf” appetite! This grain-free, protein-packed dog food is perfect for dogs with food sensitivities and those who need to avoid gluten, grains, or soy. We know dogs are true carnivores and need meat to thrive. That’s why CANIDAE PURE contains a variety of protein sources and easy-to-digest carbohydrates, such as sweet.
- The only pet food that is fortified with four different probiotics to help support proper gastrointestinal function.
- Formulated with supplemental antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to ensure a complete, balanced diet.
- Contains ingredients that are rich in both Omega-3 and Omega 6 fatty acids.
- Contains both animal-based protein sources, such as lamb, as well as several protein-rich vegetable sources, such as chickpeas, peas and alfalfa.
- Probiotics may help reduce the risk of disease and aid in digestion.
- Grain free for those with food allergies or sensitivities.
- It contains chicken meal and chicken fat which can be a common allergen.
What’s the best food for German Shepherd puppies?
German Shepherd puppies have a voracious appetite and need to be fed several times a day. German Shepherd puppies should be fed a high-quality, meat-based diet that has been supplemented with vitamins and minerals.
Protein is an important ingredient for German Shepherd puppies as it helps them grow quickly and provides healthy muscles. Highly digestible carbohydrates also play an important role in their diet as they provide energy for the energetic pups.
German Shepherd puppies’ dietary needs
Puppies have unique nutritional needs. They require a diet that is specifically tailored to their needs, as they are still growing.
A puppy’s diet should consist of:
- Raw food such as raw chicken or raw beef, ground into a fine paste
- A mixture of dry food and wet food
- Treats in moderation
What to Look For in High-Quality Dog Foods
There are a number of things that you should look for when you’re looking for high-quality dog food. One of the first things to look at is the protein source. Ideally, you want to find a product that has protein as the first ingredient. You also want to look for some type of animal meat, or at least an animal byproduct like chicken meal. The next thing to consider is carbohydrates or carbs. You want something like oatmeal or rice, but avoid corn and wheat based products because they’re not good for your canine friend’s digestive system. Lastly, you want to check out the fat content on any given food product. Remember, high fat means higher calories and it can lead to weight gain and obesity in dogs over time so it’s important that you watch out for this when shopping